Remote PDU-level power monitoring
Remote PDU-level power monitoring via Ethernet
Raritan’s PM family of Ethernet metered rack power distribution units (PDUs) is an
excellent choice, particularly where high power is required at an IT equipment rack.
- Real-time PDU-level monitoring of current
- Models for high power distribution to racks
Raritan PM PDUs can be monitored remotely via a user-friendly Web browser GUI or
command line interface. They also provide remote, real-time, PDU-level current
monitoring, including thresholds, alerts and support for SNMP TRAPs and alarms.
With the Raritan PM, you get the
information you need to manage the high
power demanded by dense computing
environments, such as racks of blade
servers. With the cost of power going up
both in absolute terms and relative to
total data center costs, the information
provided by the PM product family is
vitally important. The precise power
monitoring information provided by the
PM is displayed at the PDU with LEDs
and remotely through a Web browser
GUI or command line interface.
Together, these features help IT administrators and facilities managers:
- Improve uptime
- Efficiently utilize power resources
- Make informed capacity planning decisions
- Save power and money
- Take steps towards becoming a greener data center
PM is currently available in Zero U and 2U form factors with a wide variety of both
NEMA and IEC plugs and receptacles. Certifications include UL and cUL Listed
60950 and RoHS.
The Dominion® PX is an intelligent power management solution that helps you improve efficiency in your data center, with remote outlet-level monitoring and management, remote power cycling, intuitive GUI management and 256-bit AES encryption.
With the Dominion PX:
- Emergencies can be resolved with remote serial and TCP/IP access to outlet-level switching, improving MTTR.
- Capacity planning is simplified with unit-level and outlet-level power utilization information.
- Staff can gather detailed power information to improve uptime and productivity.
- Travel costs and time can be saved with remote power cycling and monitoring.
Information provided by the Dominion PX - displayed at the strip via an LED display, and remotely through a Web browser - can be used to improve capacity planning through power consumption information for both the PDU and individual receptacle. Precise, outlet-level access and control allows users to reboot attached devices.
Whether used alone or integrated with other Raritan solutions, the intelligent Dominion PX offers secure access with 256-bit AES encryption and strong passwords. Dominion PX supports advanced authorization options including outlet-level permissions and LDAP/S, RADIUS and Active Directory®. Flexible management interfaces support HTTP, HTTPS, IPMI, SMASH-CLP, SSH, Telnet and SNMP, as well as user-configurable, outlet-level delays for power-sequencing. More information at Raritan
Power IQ™ enables you to become more effective in power capacity management and efficient in energy consumption.
It provides for accurate IT device, outlet group, rack, branch circuit and data center level energy monitoring and reporting. Power IQ simplifies PX configuration and firmware management. Plus security is ensured with standards-based authentication, Web session timeout and IP-based access control.
Are you concerned about?
- Limited supply of power
- High cost Of energy
- Environmental compliance
Power IQ manages any number of Raritan's Dominion® PX and third-party rack PDUs including APC and Server Technology. The system is open database compliant (ODBC) and can be integrated with your current reporting system. Its data collection and reporting capabilities, used in combination with rack PDUs, help IT and facilities managers:
- Generate energy cost reports for customers
- Baseline and certify changes in energy and carbon footprint
- Find stranded power capacity
- Simplify centralized Dominion PX management with bulk configuration and firmware management
- Enable multivendor power data aggregation through user configurable collection intervals
- Create trending you easily see usage trends
- Create "what if" reports to review historical results of planned changes
More information at Raritan